Saturday, September 20, 2008

Where to eat in Scarberia?

Hello everyone (particularly Torontonians)!

I just moved from downtown Toronto to Scarborough (Ontario that is), and view this as a great opportunity to discover a whole new variety of restaurants and shops. For the uninitiated, Scarborough is a region of the City of Toronto that is bordered by Steeles Avenue to the north, Pickering to the east, Victoria Park Avenue to the west, and Lake Ontario to the south. No, Toronto doesn't end at Vic Park people.

However, after having eaten a few really, really bad meals at so-called "recommended" Scarborough restaurants, I've decided that I can't always trust some of the local sources for restaurant reviews. So, I have chosen to take a shot at doing a few reviews myself.

A few places outside of Scarborough will probably creep into this blog from time to time, but I'll try to pick ones relatively close to Scarborough, so Scarberians can easily make the trek to them too if they should so choose.

I am by no means a hardcore foodie, and don't claim to have a deep culinary knowledge, but hey, who cares? If I can introduce you to some good restaurants and steer you away from some bad ones, then mission accomplished.

No comments: